My brother in law introduced me to this recipe on Christmas and let me just tell you this is; this cheesecake recipe is game changing. It is absolutely delicious like honestly I can’t stop thinking about it. My mouth is watering and I’m not even kidding. I love the lemon taste to it and it’s so fluffy and it makes my tummy happy. I’ve been craving this cheesecake for months now and boy what I would do to eat it now. I might give in soon and bake it but before that I figured how dare I keep this recipe to myself? I mean it’s not mine and it’s in Dutch but my English speakers from other countries should also get in on this.
So just to be 100% frank with you this recipe is from Albert Hein which is a supermarket here in the Netherlands. They have the recipe online and it’s in Dutch. Here is the link — https://www.ah.nl/allerhande/recept/R-R480244/glutenvrije-cheesecake —
Anyway I’m just going to translate it and then when I finally gave in and make this recipe I will insert my picture of the cheesecake. Here goes. Awwh my mouth can’t stop drooling.
Gluten Free Cheesecake
- Serves 8 people
- 460kcal (nutritional value per serving)
- 20 min preparation
- 55 min in the oven
- 75g unsalted cream butter
- 150g gluten free cookies
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 1 lemon
- 600g natural cream cheese
- 150g white caster sugar
- 16g vanilla sugar
- 25g powdered sugar
Spring form (Ø 22 cm)
Step for Step
- Preheat your oven at 175 ºC. Prepare your pan, you can use baking paper or butter.
- Melt the butter. Crush your cookies into fine bits. (I personally like a bit of a crunch in my crust so I will crush it till 80% fine and 20% with small bits.) Add the butter and mix it with the crushed cookies. Place the crushed buttered cookies into your pan and press it into the bottom and sides with a spoon. Split your eggs. Grate of the skin of your lemon and press the juice out.
- Mix in the cream cheese with your lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, mix in the castor and vanilla sugar. Add the egg yolks in. In a separate bowl mix your egg whites till the stiff point. Add the egg whites to your cream cheese mix, give it a gentle stir before transferring the mix to the pan. (You fold it into. You want it to keep the air in the batter. If you over mix it the cheesecake will be flat.)
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 50-55min. Bake it till it’s a beautiful golden brown. Leave the cheesecake to properly cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cheesecake just before serving it. (This is optional. I decided against it because I felt like the cheesecake has enough sugar in it.)
This is honestly such a delicious cheesecake. I can’t get enough of it. I definitely want to try to make it healthier in the future or find a way to make it with less sugar. I will keep you guys up to date with it! I’m going to start baking soon (we’re getting a proper oven) so I’m definitely going to share the really great recipes I’ve found or how I tweaked it to make it gluten free and possible sugar free. I don’t know yet. Anyway here is pictures of the mouth watering goodness. For some reason all of my photos with this cheesecake came out well bleh…If it wasn’t the lighting it was the layout. It just didn’t want to work with me.
Also why did I say definitely so much? I should Google for another word for it…Holy shit there is a lot. Like damn.
Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in a click!